Case Studies<- Back to Case Studies
Plymouth Housing Group
Media Relations, Issues Advocacy, Marketing, Advertising and Promotion, Collateral Development, Communications Planning, Community Outreach, Event Planning, Graphic Design, Media and Speaker Training, Message Development
There's No Place Like Home
Plymouth Housing Group (PHG)’s mission is to end homelessness in Seattle. Serving Seattle’s most vulnerable community members since 1980, PHG has helped thousands of people transition from city streets into permanent homes by providing affordable housing and critical support services. A trusted and highly respected developer of non-profit housing, PHG owns and manages 12 buildings in Seattle that house nearly 1,000 tenants.
Team Soapbox worked to promote PHG’s “Building Hope” capital campaign by educating the media about PHG’s efforts to end homelessness.
- Team Soapbox crafted unified messages that shed light on PHG’s incredible history of accomplishments and new undertakings that make Seattle a more livable place for all its residents.
- We targeted journalists interested in the cause and introduced them to PHG thoroughly through desk side briefings and materials so that they understood all sides of the organization and built a vested interest in PHG’s work.
- We also sought out individuals who had been touched by PHG to tell their personal stories through opinion editorials and in-person interviews.
The media took interest in the group and Team Soapbox was able to secure high profile story placements in publications like The Seattle Times and Seattle P-I.
- Nicole Brodeur, one of the journalists we introduced to PHG, wrote a monthly column in The Seattle Times for a year that highlighted the process of a homeless person’s entry into permanent, supportive housing.
- Perry Ortiz-Williams, an eight-year-old boy who was inspired to help PHG after reading a news article about the organization, took his story of volunteering public through the help of Team Soapbox and landed television and radio spots that brought PHG to a wider, untapped audience.