Case Studies<- Back to Case Studies
Fisher Scones/Conifer Specialties
Media Relations, Creative Promotions, Marketing, Advertising and Promotion, Communications Planning, Event Planning, Social Media Strategy
100 Years of Yum
Smeared with whipped butter and local raspberry jam, Fisher serves up 1.5 million of their famous Fisher Fair Scones at fairs each year, and now has home baking mixes as well. Conifer Specialties, Inc., Fisher’s parent company wanted to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Fisher Scones. They also were looking to increase national distribution and deepen brand interest among retailers in Canterbury Naturals, Conifer’s all-natural, gourmet line of soup, bread, and baking mixes.
Team Soapbox built on the strong brand awareness for Fisher Fair Scones to garner media attention and create events to celebrate “100 years of Yum”.
- 100 Millionth Scone Contest: Team Soapbox created a contest with a social media component and a live event at the Puyallup Fair for fairgoers and media, for scone fans to guess when Fisher’s 100 Millionth Scone would be served (and devoured).
- 100 Years of Yum: Fisher has 100 years of fantastic historic photos and Team Soapbox used that asset to boost media attention for the anniversary, placing local historic photos in outlets all over the region.
For Conifer Specialties' Canterbury Naturals products, Team Soapbox sought opportunities in consumer media outlets that aligned well with the Canterbury Naturals brand, positioned the products with trade journals, and capitalized on existing customer loyalty from online and retail sources.
- Fisher’s anniversary was featured in front page articles in the Seattle Times, Tacoma News Tribune, and Puyallup Herald, on KING 5’s Evening Magazine, and in national blogs Epi-log and Eater. Media coverage totaled at more than 65 individual hits, including 24 separate TV airings.
- Canterbury Naturals now has a high profile among trade publications, frequently featured in Gourmet News, Gourmet Retailer and Fancy Food Magazine, and has been covered in national media including She Knows, SeriousEats, and Ladies’ Home Journal.
- Conifer Specialties added more than 12,000 new distribution points in more than 2,000 stores for their Canterbury Naturals Collections-- representing an 84% growth in 2010.